Friday, January 8, 2016

All You Need Is Felt...

I am one lucky mom. My daughter comes home from kindergarten every day with a smile on her face. At dinner we always talk about our "highs" and "lows" from our day. Her "highs" almost always include her teacher and something fabulous that she has done in class. It is a dream situation.

I love going into her class, because I always leave inspired! I blogged today over at The Primary Pack and shared one of my favorite inspirations from her class. She added little strips of felt to her blocks center and had the kids create interactive maps. It was so simple, yet so genius!! The kids went crazy over it. As my daughter put it, "Mommy, the Blocks Center was rocking the house today." High praise...
 After seeing it in action, I knew that I needed to share the idea with you. It is such a quick and easy activity to prep and it hits on so many skills at once. Kids are exploring communities, community helpers, counting, map skills, spatial concepts, and so much more. All of this is one little activity!

Follow on Bloglovin
You can see all of this in action over on The Primary Pack. I have a FREEBIE posted that will get you started creating your own interactive map center. There are pictures and ideas, so you can create the materials for your own center, or you can scoop up mine at my TeachersPayTeachers store. It is on sale for 50% off for the next 48 hours. Click here to get my Interactive Map pack!
Have fun playing with your interactive map center and get your Blocks Center to "rock the house"!

No comments:

Pin It