Monday, February 24, 2014

Four Rainbows!


 I love rainbows!  Look at my blog and you realize that I am crazy about bright colors :)  Rainbows and sunflowers are my favorite.

Here are four rainbows that work on different skills.  I wanted to make a rainbow for everyone!  In the first rainbow, I just used a Sharpie and drew the lines for a rainbow.  I wrote each color word in a space.  Using a color word anchor chart, my daughter matched the color word to the color.
  She used bingo dabbers to fill in the rainbow.  Anything with bingo markers is always a hit!  It is a simple rainbow, but fun and pretty and works on color words.
Next, we had a rainbow and a pot of gold.  I cut out the pot from black construction paper and found some foam popsicle sticks.  You could just as easily use strips of construction paper.
 I had some gold bling that I found in a drawer.  Students will put glue above the pot and "fill" it with gold.  You could also use glitter.
 We used the rainbow that we already made as an anchor chart.  This helped her to put the colors in order.
Here is the third.  We used the same gold bling, but it would look awesome with glitter or gold paper.  This time she tore the paper and glued it in a line.  I put the glue down in the shape of a rainbow, but created a printable with lines that you can use.  Students will place the glue on the lines and place the torn paper on top.  Click here for your freebie.
 It is great fine motor practice for kids to tear the paper and place it on the glue.
 Plus, it is just fun!
The fourth rainbow is just like the first, but students will place stickers of the matching colors on the rainbow.  I wrote the color word in each space and we used an anchor chart to help with the matching.  You can use any type of sticker.  I just happened to have hearts!
 Simple drawing.  You can tell that I did it :)
 Great fine motor practice!  Some of those stickers were tough to get off.
 Love to watch all the skills that she is using on this simple project.  She is matching the color word to the color.  Using fine motor skills to peel the sticker and to place it in between the lines.  She felt like a grown-up, because she did the stickers and the reading all by herself.  Pretty cool!
Thanks for joining me!  I linked up to Always a Teacher & Forever a Mom for her Sunday Night Whispers.  This is the first time that I have linked up, but there are tons of great ideas on her blog and on the linky!  Be sure to check out this amazing resource :)
http://always-teacher-forever-mom.com/2014/02/23/sunday-night-whispers-february-23/
 

3 comments:

  1. This is such an excellent idea! I love rainbows too :)
    Thank you for participating on the linky!

    Catia
    Always a Teacher & Forever a Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have so many great ideas for rainbows! I love it! Thanks for sharing.
    Kelly
    MyFabulousClass

    ReplyDelete
  3. So simple & easy to do! Thanks for linking up with me!

    ReplyDelete

Pin It