Sunday, February 28, 2016

5 Little Speckled Frogs Freebie

Frogs are fabulous! They are intriguing and irresistible to many young children. I love using frogs to teach any subject and concept. I'm sharing some of my favorite activities using these playful amphibians and sharing a new froggy freebie! I created this interactive storybook and counting mat to go along with the song "Five Little Speckled Frogs". It's fun to use and easy to make AND it's free! You can pick up your free copy here.
I had some adorable speckled frog squirters that were just dying to be used, so I decided to make a prop for the 5 Little Speckled Frogs song. I hot glued magnets to the bottom and added them to my cardboard log (the insert that comes with my printer ink). See picture directions on making your own frogs on a log here
The magnetic frogs on a log are great to use for so many things. You can use them to demonstrate positional words (slap some magnets to the sides of the log and the frog will hang out on the side of the log, too). Use them for counting, singing, telling stories, and so much more. You can also use them while singing the song, "Five Little Speckled Frogs".
Need more frog ideas? Here are some of favorite activities involving frogs!
Follow on Bloglovin
Use a life size number line and kids can become frogs to practice numeral recognition, skip counting, addition, subtraction, or even beginning multiplication! See it in action here! Get a skip counting pack here.
Grab another froggy freebie to practice long and short vowel sounds. It's fun and engaging! See it in action here. Get the freebie here.
Bring out your sensory tub and explore the life cycle of frogs. See what we did in ours here.
Don't forget that I teamed up with a bunch of fabulous teachers to bring you some leap year fun! We have a Three Cheers for Leap Year sale going on 2/28-3/16. Everything in my store is 20% off!
We have a new set of daily deals for you each day! 2/28 You can get a ton of resources that are seriously reduced to $4. You can only get these every 4 years :) You can scoop up my Devouring Donuts: Number Line 0-20, Subtraction, & Active Learning for just $4! See it in action here.
2/29-  Grab up this deal while you can! You can get tons of bundles for 50% off. I am putting my bundle of spring resources including an ABC order center, syllable sorts, and noun sorts center! You will be very prepared for spring. Get this pack here.
 3/1- Out last daily deal! Grab tons of fantastic resources for only $1. You can get my Grab & Go: Farm Edition for only $1! Get it here!
Last, but not least, don't forget to head over and enter the giveaway!
You can also check out the great deals for Markdown Monday on Kelly and Kim's Kindergarten Kreations! I have my Take Care of the Earth pack on sale! See it in action here and grab a little freebie. 

Hope you have a fantastic Leap Year's day tomorrow! 

No comments:

Pin It